Preoperative procedures are designed to improve the outcome of the surgery, reduce the risk for complications, and make the surgery as safe and effective as possible. Below is a list of what to expect before surgery:
- Admit the patient on the day of surgery
- Double check the patient name, type of
- Check the eye to be operated.
- Biometry done a day before surgery for
cataract patients .
- Laboratory test done a day before
surgery and details documented.
- Inform patient if diabetic to continue
- Patient’s vital
signs checked and recorded.
- Tell patient if hypertensive to continue
- Hypertensive patients on vasoprin tab
should table one week before surgery, expecially patients for SICS and
- Pupil dilated for patients who are to
undergo SICS+PC IOL , Combined surgery, phaco + iol insertion ,vitrectomy ,
- Constrict pupil of patients for trabeculectomy.
- Obtain informed consent from patients
- Dress the patient up with operation gown and cap.